I’m not there often and don’t expect to so all Vologda region places will be dumped to this section as opposed to making a separate folder for each destination within the Vologda oblast.
Vologda region key words: metallurgy, Severstal, forests, timer, lace, dairy, hunting, Russian North National Park, silver engraving, and cause the booming religious pilgrimage industry with its center in Ferapontovo.
If you are into Russian souvenirs but matreshkas won’t do (congratulations on your fine taste) consider silver utensils made in Veliky Ustyug in the north-east extreme of the Vologda region. The factory that makes it is at ulitsa Uglovskogo 1, (81738) 21474. No need to go to Vologda. These are all over Moscow and St. Petersburg but if there and the souvenir shopping program kicks in take a look at silver items from Veliky Ustyug. The decoration technique or items in this style are called “Northern Niello”.
Watch Fifty Shades Darker (2017) Full Movie Online Streaming Online and Download
A small detour on the way from Moscow to St. Petersburg. Don’t have anything in either my memory or my records except this note on Hotel Metallurg, +7 8202 536183, 7 8202 554778(reservatuions), 7 8202 572611 (hotel manager). And “The City with Money” as definition of Cherepovets.
Let’s skip over what makes Ferapontovo famous, all these medieval paintings and whatever else that makes the place a popular destination for the Orthodox intelligentsia in Moscow, and concentrate on practicalities, in in particular on where to stay in Ferapontovo.
The following are widely advertised and recommended locally:
- Russkiy dvorik (“Russian court”), a “boutique hotel” type place with 13 rooms from 2800 to 4000 roubles ($100-130) per night as of December 2012. Ulits Slobodskaya 4, +7 81757 49281, +7 921 535-5692.
- Summer only private accommodation on the Borodayevskoye lake. Water from the bucket, classic outhouse, ul. Slobodskaya 65, tel. +7 909 596 9225, speak with Vera Alexandrovna. Probably inexpensive.
- Another private accommodation option near the monastery. Sauna, fishing. email@example.com, + 7 931 503 5453, Andrey Alexandrovich Kondratyev.
- A guesthouse, two rooms able to accommodate up to 10. Water from the lake. Paddle boat available. Sauna only when the owner is home. He works shifts and is away every second week. +7 921 830 3818, Nikolay Pavlovich Morozov.
- Fishing and hunting camp “Lukinskoye”, 2 miles from Ferapontovo. A compfortable 3-story house, 8 rooms/16 beds, 2100 to 2500 roubles per night. Sauna. Look for the village of Lukinskoye or Pyalnobovo on the map. +7 (81757) 4-91-85